Mother, son escape house fire in Lithonia | News
LITHONIA, Ga. -- A mother and son are safe and unharmed after a fire broke out at their home early Thursday morning.
The home is located in the 600 block of Shore Drive, where the fire started around 3:00 a.m.
DeKalb Fire and Rescue crews believe a couch caught fire, but are unsure how the spark began. The mother and son woke immediately after and safely got out of the house.
The blaze spread through much of the residence's interior, damaging about a quarter of the home.