Our network

Heated towels to blame for Gwinnett hotel fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Heated towels to blame for Gwinnett hotel fire
News
Heated towels to blame for Gwinnett hotel fire

GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. -- No one was hurt in a small fire at a Gwinnett County hotel Thursday morning.

The fire was contained to one room at the Country Inn and Suites in the 1800 block of Rockbridge Road.

Fire crews arrived at the hotel at around 1 a.m., after the fire had already been extinguished by bystanders. Gwinnett County Fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge said investigators believe it was accidentally sparked by heated towels from the microwave that were placed under bed covers. The fire did not spread beyond a small area of the bed's mattress and sheets.

The person staying in the room was evaluated by paramedics for minor smoke exposure.

News