Stone Mountain shares its spirit with 11Alive | News
STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- A lively mix of residents, students and business owners flooded Stone Mountain Village on Friday for a live broadcast of the 11Alive Today morning show.
Stone Mountain, a city with a rich history, welcomed 11Alive with open arms. Mayor Patricia Wheeler stopped by to say hello, while local businesses were eager to show off their wares -- everything from antiques to fried chicken to a line of natural hair care products.
But the party really started when Stone Mountain High School's marching band and cheerleaders entertained the crowd with music and chants. Karyn Greer, Ted Hall and Chesley McNeil just had to get up and dance!
The Stone Mountain show was the second in 11Alive's Where U Live tour. Throughout the summer, the morning show will visit towns across metro Atlanta to celebrate the communities that make north Georgia great. Roswell was the first featured city; the show will broadcast live from Covington next Friday, May 18.
Some of the businesses featured on the morning show are:
* Artisan Restaurants -- owner Cary was kind enough to provide the 11Alive crew with coffee and pastries
* CMA Designs -- selling embroidered uniforms and accessories, with a focus on cheerleading
* Curls of the World -- an all-natural hair care line
* DeKalb County Library -- offering plenty of family-oriented summer programs
* Loving Care Family Chiropractic -- your friendly neighborhood chiropractor
* New South Associates -- dedicated to studying and preserving local culture
* Stone Mountain Custom Framing, Gifts N'More -- featuring rock-related paraphernalia, including candy, soap and coasters
* Stone Mountain Emporium -- selling unique gifts and antiques
* Sweet Potato Cafe -- fresh farm-to-table food