DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- DeKalb County will hold its annual neighborhood summit on Saturday, Nov. 1 at Tucker High School.
The event gives DeKalb residents an opportunity to mingle with local government officials and discuss ways to improve the quality of life in the county.
This year's summit will feature Curbside Consulting, a rotating series of sessions where residents will be encouraged to sit down and ask questions about issues that matter to them.
Curbside Consulting will run from 9 a.m. to noon and will cover several topics:
* Community organizing/building
* Marketing/social media
* Fundraising/grant writing
* Meeting facilitation
* Volunteer/board management
* Program planning and development
* Neighborhood Nexus/community needs assessment